NEW JERSEY CONVENTION & EXPOSITION CENTER
(Raritan Center Expo Hall) Edison, New Jersey
JANUARY 10-13, 2013
Open to all Adult Archers 18 or over
STYLES – Who can shoot? Bring Your Own Bow!
The Bow Hunter: Compound Bow, Hunting Equipment Only!
Traditional Bow Hunter: Finger Shooting Recurve or Longbow
Both Male & Female shoot in the same class.
HOW TO REGISTER
Option 1: Sign-up Online @ http://osg.ticketleap.com/garden-state/
Option 2: Fax completed form to 866-728-3775
Option 3: Bring the complete registration form to the Onsite 3D Shoot Registration Desk – Cash Only Option!
Open Shoot Schedule: (Come to the show any of the below days to Shoot the 3D Tournament) - Bring your Bow!
|Thursday, January 10
||1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
|Friday, January 11
||1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
|Saturday, January 12
||9:00 pm – 4:00 pm *
*Cut-off time to qualify - Top qualifiers will be notified Saturday after 5pm to return on Sunday for the finals.
|(Top qualifiers from the above schedule will face off in the elimination round on Sunday)
|Sunday, January 13
||10:00 am – 3:00 pm
ENTRY FEE & PRIZES
|(Entry Fee includes admission to the show!) – Sign Up Online and Save!
|Entry Fee: $25 per shoot
||Cash Prizes: Announced Sunday morning based on final number of participants
RULES, FORMAT & INFORMATION
Course Format: (applies to all styles)
- 2 Shooters per station to shoot 1 arrow at each target
- Shooters can submit as many score cards as the schedule permits. $25 per shoot
- 3 ring scoring 8,10,12 – scores recorded by your partner (partner assigned by archery committee)
- Style: (30) 3-D & 2-D silhouette type animal targets (Delta 3-D targets)
- Indoor Course will consist of 15 stations
- 3D targets distances will be unmarked, no range finders allowed - only binoculars are permitted
- Unmarked distances will be from 15 to 50 yards
- No practice or warm up rounds allowed on the 3D course. Practice shots are permitted on the archery range
- Archers can request a line judge if he or she disagrees with the group call
- Tie breakers will be determined by a 3 arrow shoot off
3D ARCHERY TOURNAMENT RULES
The Bow Hunter:
- Hunting equipment only – 12” stabilizer (max)
- Only fixed pins or adjustable sights. A maximum of (5) five fixed reference points.
- No magnification, no laser or scope sites allowed
- Release aids will be permitted. In the case of physical disability of the arms or hands, a chew strap may be used in place of fingers or release aids.
- All arrows shall be identical in size, length, weight and fletching with allowances for wear and tear.
- Max 70lbs draw weight
- During a round no modifications, no adjustments may be made to the bow and its related equipment unless equipment failure is recognized.
Traditional Bow Hunter: (Open to Finger Shooting Recurve and Longbow shooters)
- This style of shooting is for those who wish to compete with the Recurve or Longbow.
- Any target tipped arrows can be used – Wood, Aluminum or Carbon – No Flu-Flu Arrows
- No sights or mechanical releases or stabilizers.
- The archer shall touch the arrow when nocked and drawing the arrow with the index finger against the nock. Finger position may not be changed during competition. In the case of physical disability of the arms or hands, a chew strap may be used in place of fingers.
- Gloves, tabs or fingers shall be the only legal releases. In the case of physical disability of the arms or hands, a chew strap may be used in place of fingers.
- No string walking. One Finger mush touch arrow at all times
- Nothing on your bow that could be used to site off of
Rules are subject to change. Final Official rules of the competition shall be posted at the range.